Skip to main content

Featured Post

Satisfied Yet???

The Grass Was Dead on the Other Side WARNING: Do NOT read this post if you plan on being proud and rejecting what you read! Hell will be hotter for you. DO CONTINUE to read if you have a soft and humble heart. This post contains a VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE.  Amen.  Isaiah 40:6-8, " The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field: The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the Lord bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever." I always wanted to be a princess. All of my young girl dreams were filled with royal princes, fighting knights, dancing ballerinas, handsome kings, and beautiful queens. A dreamer by nature, with a wild imagination (runs in the family), I spent my youth dressing up, dancing, and playing “princess” games with my sisters. Castles were incredible to me

Elisabeth Elliot

Howdy folks! How are you all doing? I'm doing better than I deserve.
Slightly tired due to work and my sis persuading me to do some exercise with her. She got me to do it right before work too! Not a really good idea. Legs and stomach muscles are kinda sore now... ha ha
But I do like exercise because of the challenge it presents to me and I actually enjoy sit-ups! I know, I'm peculiar.

So, I was contemplating a blog post and asked my Mom what she thought I should blog about and she recommended me doing one about "Elisabeth Elliot", and since I have been reading her book "Passion and Purity" again lately, I agreed.

The story behind me getting that book is pretty funny. So I was in on a trip February, 2014 with some friends in a local thrift store and my friend and I were acting pretty silly and were in the book section pretending like we were SOO excited about finding dumb books.
"Oh look! "Your Best Life Now" by, Joel Osteen!" or "Joyce Meyer! My favorite!" Or some stupid novel or what have you.
It was kinda fun. :) Though we were getting strange looks from random people.

Well then, I found the book "Passion and Purity" by, Elisabeth Elliot and I had been looking for a book by her for a long time. I really did get excited!
 "HEY! PASSION AND PURITY BY, ELISABETH ELLIOT!" I half yelled. Cheyenne then mocked laughed and pretended like she was interested like we were just doing. "No Cheyenne!" I laughed. "I REALLY AM excited about getting this book." We all laughed a lot after that. :) Good times.






Elisabeth Elliot is a lady that I think is a heroine of the faith in many ways. I don't agree doctrinally with everything she believed but I do like a lot of her books and quotes.
Her book, "Passion and Purity" is definitely a recommend from me. I'm reading it again for like the 5th time (I think) and I really like it. It's her love story between her and Jim, and also just a book to encourage purity and patience and FULL surrender to Jesus when it comes to your love life. Their love story was very unique, pure, God orchestrated, and inspiring to read about.

My Favorite quote by her is this one:
 A quote I just wrote down in my journal that I got from her book is this: "Taken in a spirit of trust, even loneliness contributes to the maturing of character, even separation and silence and that hardest thing of all, uncertainty, can build in us a steady hope."

I also like this one a lot:
“Perhaps some future day Lord, Thy strong hand will lead me to a place where I must stand utterly alone.
Alone, O gracious Love but for Thee;

I shall be satisfied if I can see – Jesus only. I do not know Thy plans for years to come.
My spirit finds its perfect home sufficiency.
Lord, all my desire is before Thee now Lead on, no matter where, no matter what – I trust in Thee.”

– Elisabeth Elliot


And now for a bunch of quotes....







 (I just read this quote in her book. She's talking about dying to yourself and your desires but allowing God to let you LIVE His life FULL of The Holy Ghost and power. You die in order to live. Even if it's hard.)









                                                               (LIKE this quote a lot! ^)









I really want to get her book "Let Me Be a Woman" as I've heard it's good.
Well, Better get off of here. Be blessed fellow laborers.
KEEP THYSELF PURE
The Lord's lover,
~Hope Jerusalem<3
Romans 8:18

Comments

Popular Posts