Skip to main content

Featured Post

Satisfied Yet???

The Grass Was Dead on the Other Side WARNING: Do NOT read this post if you plan on being proud and rejecting what you read! Hell will be hotter for you. DO CONTINUE to read if you have a soft and humble heart. This post contains a VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE.  Amen.  Isaiah 40:6-8, " The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field: The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the Lord bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever." I always wanted to be a princess. All of my young girl dreams were filled with royal princes, fighting knights, dancing ballerinas, handsome kings, and beautiful queens. A dreamer by nature, with a wild imagination (runs in the family), I spent my youth dressing up, dancing, and playing “princess” games with my sisters. Castles were incredible to me

The year of Charity

Hello my dears. Happy New year! For some reason I'm really excited about this year. Maybe because in bible numerics the number 16 usually points to charity so I just think this year will be really special! *smile*

I can't believe it's another year! Wow. Time is flying... Not sure how much time we have left...

So I guess I started the year off pretty well. At 12 last night I read 1 Corinthians 13 to start off the year of charity with. I intend on rememorizing that passage again as I have slightly lost it.
And today I read about 26 chapters in Genesis while working out at the gym! Ha It was fun. I went with my dad, brother, and another brother in our church (lovingly referred to as "Grandpa Phil").
Obviously we dress modestly ( I wear a flowy skirt with leggings underneath to help maintain my modesty). I really enjoy running really fast on the treadmill and then taking fast walking breaks and reading my bible during those breaks. Very edifying, as I'm just starting this year again to read no less then 11 chapters a day. In so doing you can read the Bible through 3 times in one year ( and if you read a chapter of proverbs a day you'll read it 12 times through). :) I had one guy say, "Right on! Where are you at now?" when he saw me reading (I guess he thought it was some new year resolution to read the bible through or something).
My little brother enjoyed dragging me around to try out all sorts of different machines and also do this ridiculous 30 minute intense workout thing as well. Ha ha I'm not a huge fan of gyms ( would rather be outside away from people and be by my "unsociable self"-more like to be away from sinners... yeah...) but we had a fun time.

So when I got back I had one of those heart melting moments. I asked my little baby sister if she missed me while I was gone and she looked up at me with her peanut butter smeared face and said , "I love you!" and insisted on giving me 2 kisses on my cheek. Heart melting moment for sure! Ever had one? I've had a lot in the past year. My heart melts when I hear awesome preaching, watching a guy hold a baby (for some reason the combination of a little helpless baby and a strong guy holding it is just so sweet to me), a person under heavy conviction, married couples enjoying one another, etc. Etc.

So the year 2015 was riddled with everything from intense joy to heartbreaking sorrow. We've been through more betrayal, trials, and endurance of being separated from those we love. But, we also have seen God do some amazing things, grow our church spiritually, and help us endure. I hope this year we can see Him do even more amazing things! It'll be great I'm sure.

I should do an " awkward awesome" post soon as I never cease to have awkward moments in my life and the past year was chock full! Just the other day I had a lady think I was engaged because of my purity ring. But it was awesome to get to explain to her what a purity ring was, express how I like people to think I'm already taken as I see myself that way anyway, and also defend my position of how I'm training to be a keeper at home rather than going to college. It was interesting to say the least! Though the whole day she wouldn't leave me or my sister's alone about going to college. Ha ha

So, I wrote a poem entitled "My Prayer For This Year" and here it is:  " My Prayer for This Year"

Another year to live for God
While on this narrow road I trod.
I know that there will be many test
But may I give my very best.
It seems the years have flown on by
As the Lord's coming draweth nigh.
"Redeem the time" the Bible commands
Help me, Jesus, in every way I can.
The years of my pilgrimage have been few
And I know there's plenty more to do.
May my life reflect Gods light
And my lamp be flaming bright.
May my face read joy and peace
As God's face I aim to seek.
May true virtue be found in me
A price far above the ruby.
Through the trials standing sure
By God's strength I will endure.
Taking my cross and following Him
Denying my self, will, and plans.
Willing to be a sacrifice
Not shrinking back from the price.
May in Jesus my trust be
Being clothed in humility.
May God's words be my meat
My meditations on Him be sweet.
I want my zeal to increase
And my charity never to cease.
May this shaking I stand through
Glorfying God in all I do.
And so I embark on Another year
Serving God with love and fear.
Amen.

Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.  And though I have the gift of prophecy, and understand all mysteries, and all knowledge; and though I have all faith, so that I could remove mountains, and have not charity, I am nothing.  And though I bestow all my goods to feed the poor, and though I give my body to be burned, and have not charity, it profiteth me nothing.  Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,  Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil;  Rejoiceth not in iniquity, but rejoiceth in the truth;  Beareth all things, believeth all things, hopeth all things, endureth all things.  Charity never faileth: but whether there be prophecies, they shall fail; whether there be tongues, they shall cease; whether there be knowledge, it shall vanish away.  For we know in part, and we prophesy in part.  But when that which is perfect is come, then that which is in part shall be done away.  When I was a child, I spake as a child, I understood as a child, I thought as a child: but when I became a man, I put away childish things.  For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.  And now abideth faith, hope, charity, these three; but the greatest of these is charity.
1 Corinthians 13:1-13 KJV

Let's see what this year holds....
Keep thyself pure!
Your sis in Christ,
Hope Jerusalem




Comments

  1. Daughter of ZION!!! A VERY BLESSED 2016 to you in JESUS MIGHTY NAME.AMEN!!! Honestly, your Poem is lovely as it EXALTS&GLORIFIES our LORD JESUS CHRIST. IT IS MY SINCERE PRAYER THAT NOW AND ALWAYS...that the HOLY SPIRIT guides you in the way that you should go.
    Have positive expectations and STAND in FAITH in CHRIST JESUS!!! 2016 will be better than 205 in JESUS MIGHTY NAME.AMEN!!!

    Warm Regards,
    Fruitful, another daughter of ZION that resides in Nigeria.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise God dear sister! Thank you for the encouragement. I believe this year will be great through Christ. :)

      May you always stand for truth there in Nigeria! How neat to meet some of God's remnant around the world.
      Blessings,
      -Hope Jerusalem

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please no anonymous comments; at least put your first name. Thank you! :)

Popular Posts