Skip to main content

Featured Post

Satisfied Yet???

The Grass Was Dead on the Other Side WARNING: Do NOT read this post if you plan on being proud and rejecting what you read! Hell will be hotter for you. DO CONTINUE to read if you have a soft and humble heart. This post contains a VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE.  Amen.  Isaiah 40:6-8, " The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field: The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the Lord bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever." I always wanted to be a princess. All of my young girl dreams were filled with royal princes, fighting knights, dancing ballerinas, handsome kings, and beautiful queens. A dreamer by nature, with a wild imagination (runs in the family), I spent my youth dressing up, dancing, and playing “princess” games with my sisters. Castles were incredible to me

The Sacrifice of Singleness

So this is something I have been meditating about as of late and will blog about it.


1 Corinthians 7:32-35 says,
"But I would have you without carefulness. He that is unmarried careth for the things that belong to the Lord, how he may please the Lord:
But he that is married careth for the things that are of the world, how he may please his wife.
There is difference also between a wife and a virgin. The unmarried woman careth for the things of the Lord, that she may be holy both in body and in spirit: but she that is married careth for the things of the world, how she may please her husband.
And this I speak for your own profit; not that I may cast a snare upon you, but for that which is comely, and that ye may attend upon the Lord without distraction."


As a single person the thought "Am I called to singleness? " I'm sure has gone through your head. 
You may be and you may not. But I say that TODAY you are. Today you should be focused on God without distraction. 

You know, the older I get the less my desire for marriage seems to be. Not that I don't desire it it's just when I look around me and envision myself married to a selfish jerk the thought of singleness seems so appealing! Not that all guys are selfish jerks and I know that if God wills me to be married my man will not be one. It's just the utter lack of real patriarchal men that can discourage the heart of someone who longs for something better. 

Time is short and Jesus is coming soon (even so come Lord! ) and I realize that all my focus should be on my first love right now. 

You need to be content. Marriage is not everything believe it or not! There's a lot that comes with being married and it's not something to take lightly either. Focus on Jesus. He is your all in all and His ways are perfect. Trust Him and give up all your hopes, dreams, plans, and desires to the Lord as that's good material for sacrifice. He can take that sacrifice and transform it into something glorious! 


You are a whole person in Jesus Christ. I know that sometimes people will not see you as a whole person if you are not in a relationship or married but that's not true. 
In Christ as a single God can use you in all sorts if ways that wouldn't be possible if you were married. I understand as I have the misfortune of looking way younger than I really am due to my small childish frame (and natural approach to makeup I think as well) and so people seem to forget that I am an almost 20 year old rather than a 14 year old which can make me feel inferior. Ha ha. But God can use the weak to showcase His glory and that is my prayer for my life. 


Tell the Lord that you want to be completely consumed with Him and watch Him answer! The Lord's love is never to be compared with a mere human's.


My prayer:
Lord, I give you my all
For that's all I can give. 
All my heart, mind and soul
Everything that is within. 

The only sacrifice
Is to give my very best. 
God, no matter the cost 
I will give you no less. 

You are my all in all
There's nothing to compare;
On the altar I fall
Laying all things bare. 

May nothing remain
Your will I seek for. 
This love is unfeigned;
Lord, I want you more.

Focus on Jesus. God may will you to be married but you just need to  have patience, love God with all you have, offer a good sacrifice, and allow His ways which are far better than your own! 

Take this precious time and use it wisely. 
Grace, mercy, and peace be upon you all! 
The Lords bride, 
Hope Jerusalem 

Comments

  1. Amen, good word... Allow the Lord to be Your potter, surrendering to Him whatever He wants to mold you into. Single unto the Lord or into a wife to be paired with a righteous man of God. Stay in prayer. Great article of reflection.

    Proverbs 20:6 ~ Most men will proclaim every one his own goodness: but a faithful man who can find?

    Proverbs 31:10 ~Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amen! And I love both of those verses and have often put them together. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please no anonymous comments; at least put your first name. Thank you! :)

Popular Posts