Skip to main content

Featured Post

Satisfied Yet???

The Grass Was Dead on the Other Side WARNING: Do NOT read this post if you plan on being proud and rejecting what you read! Hell will be hotter for you. DO CONTINUE to read if you have a soft and humble heart. This post contains a VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE.  Amen.  Isaiah 40:6-8, " The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field: The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the Lord bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever." I always wanted to be a princess. All of my young girl dreams were filled with royal princes, fighting knights, dancing ballerinas, handsome kings, and beautiful queens. A dreamer by nature, with a wild imagination (runs in the family), I spent my youth dressing up, dancing, and playing “princess” games with my sisters. Castles were incredible to me

The Pilgrim's Progress

Hello dear pilgrims!  I pray you are blessed and joyful in Christ. :)

My FAVORITE book that I LOVE and hold very precious is The King James Bible. Nothing (and I do mean NOTHING) could ever compare! I spend most almost all my reading time just reading/ studying the Bible because you almost feel guilty reading anything else. :)

But.. If I do decide to read something else John Bunyan's "The Pilgrim's Progress" is a dear favorite (the "unabridged" version being the best in my opinion). I really like the older English (similar to a King James Bible), the curious words used to describe things (such as "Water standing in the eyes" when someone's crying or having people state "Content!" when they agree with another), the poetry found throughout are beautifully done,  and the illustrations are interesting.
It is an allegorical book based on a Christian's life and is a must read (in my opinion) for a follower of Jesus to read. I don't agree doctrinally with John Bunyan in every detail but his book is encouraging, inspiring, and informative.

The many trials and temptations that the main Character "Christian" goes through can be felt with sympathy and the knowledge of having lived through those same things by fellow Christians today. At some points during the book you may feel like he's describing your life!





This quote by John Bunyan above ^^^ was on that I used to have hanging on my wall so I could see it in the morning as an encouragement to seek God.

Her's another quote I like: "What God says is best, is best, though all the men in the world are against it." -John Bunyan






One of my favorite characters is "Valiant-for-Truth". Here's some quotes about him from the book:

" Then said Great-heart to Mr. Valiant-for-truth, "Thou hast worthily behaved thyself; let me see thy sword." So he showed it to him. When he had taken i in his hand, and looked thereon a while, he said, "Ha! It is a right Jerusalem blade." 
Valiant: "It is so. Let a man have one of these blades, with a hand to use it, and he might venture upon an angel with it. He need not fear it's holding, if he can but tell how to lay on. It's edge will never be blunt. It will cut flesh and bones, and soul and spirit, and all , Hebrews 4:12."
Great: "But   you fought a great while, I wonder you was not weary."
Valiant: "I fought till my sword did cleave to my hand; and then they were joined together as if a sword grew right out of my arm, and when the blood ran throgh my fingers then I fought with most courage."
Great: "Thou hast done well..."

Great:"Then this was your victory, even your faith?"
Valiant: "It was so. I believed, and therefore came out, got into the way, fought all that set themselves against me, and, by believing, am come to this place."

           "Who would true valour see
             Let him come hither!
            One here will constant be,
           Come wind, come weather;

          There's no discouragement
         Shall make him once relent
         His first avowed intent
                      To be a pilgrim.


         Whoso beset him round
           With dismal stories,
       But do themselves confound
         His strength the more is,
          No lies can him fright, 
       He'll with a giant fight,
        But he will have a right
                To be a pilgrim.

      Hobgoblin nor foul fiend
     Can daunt his spirit:
    He know he at the end
    Shall life inherit.
   Then fancies fly away,
  He'll not fear what men may say;
 He'll labour night and day
              To be a pilgrim."


    Isn't that neat? :)
   









More neat quotes......







Well, I better get off of here. My busy life beckons my presence.

 Hope you all have a good night and that you sleep well in Jesus' name! 
The Lord's, Hope Jerusalem 

Comments

Popular Posts