Skip to main content

Featured Post

Satisfied Yet???

The Grass Was Dead on the Other Side WARNING: Do NOT read this post if you plan on being proud and rejecting what you read! Hell will be hotter for you. DO CONTINUE to read if you have a soft and humble heart. This post contains a VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE.  Amen.  Isaiah 40:6-8, " The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field: The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the Lord bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever." I always wanted to be a princess. All of my young girl dreams were filled with royal princes, fighting knights, dancing ballerinas, handsome kings, and beautiful queens. A dreamer by nature, with a wild imagination (runs in the family), I spent my youth dressing up, dancing, and playing “princess” games with my sisters. Castles were incredible to me

Country Living and what I’ve Learned (So far! )

 Howdy, y’all! :) Here’s a short post on country living and what I’ve learned so far… Enjoy! :) 

-Pray, pray, and pray some more!

Pray for wisdom, pray over your livestock, pray over your gardens, and JUST Pray. You really need it. 


-Research; it’s so important!

Study up on things and be informed. We know that experience is a great teacher but you also need to watch videos, read books, and stay informed. 


-Love your animals and they will love you back! It tames and gentles them greatly, y’all. Spend quality time with them; cuddle, pet, hug, brush, bathe, and play with them. And if you’re not worried about germs (like me- ha ha) kiss them! ❤️ Don’t be afraid to spoil them sometimes. Pay attention to their languages and habits as well… We’ve learned all of our chicken’s calls and voices and are currently learning the goat language. God has really made them smart! 



-Carry a pocket knife all day and everyday.

I carry a neat Smith and Wesson knife (that also has a window breaker and emergency seatbelt cutter) in my skirt waistband everyday. You’ll need it for opening  bags of animal feed, cutting open hay bales, slicing an apple for a snack, and even for that bear attack some creepy night… (Just kidding!) I always tell my sisters, “ Don’t ask IF I have my knife on me, but ask if you can borrow it; I ALWAYS have it on Me!” 


-Get a good headlamp.

My Dad bought me one for my birthday (in December) and I don’t know where it’s been all of my life! It’s rechargeable and battery operated, and has 3 neat settings. Hands free lighting is a MUST out in the pitch black darkness and you’re trying to lock up your animals (as your dog barks and growls viciously into the deep dark woods behind you!). 

Yes, get a headlamp!


-Rubber mud boots! Awesome footwear for those thick muddy days, snow days, cleaning out the coop or goat barn days, or swampy garden days. Also rubber bowls for your animal’s  water! This SOOO helps with frozen water, y’all!!! 



-Wear camouflage! It hide all the stains from outdoor work and hides YOU in the woods. Random fun fact: dark haired people camouflage 40% Better than other hair colors! Ha ha It is true! (Just because I have dark hair it doesn’t mean that I made that up… Hee hee)


-Pin your hair up around goats. Ha ha After losing a nice, long, thick piece of a curl to a goat (who will remain nameless at this time) I now always twirl my hair up before playing with the goats! ;) 

-Keep good barn records. This really, really helps, y’all! I keep track of everything that happens on the farm: the weather, how many eggs we get, food supplies, shots administered, kid weigh ins, first aid treatment, etc. etc. Keep track; you’ll be so glad you did! :)  One day you might come out and half of your flock has bumble foot and needs daily treatment. Maybe you had to pull out a blood feather or had to treat a Roo for frostbite. Keep track of it! 


-If you live on a mountain: Start seeds indoors or in a greenhouse  (Or under a grow light). It will give you a longer growing season! 



-No laziness allowed!!! Keep up with your farm chores Daily versus weekly, biweekly, or even monthly. This really helps with things not backing up on you and overwhelming you. Do all things heartily ( Col. 3:23)! 

- For ladies who dress modestly: get a good, thick, durable denim skirt. Great for hiking through brambles and thorns, holding down chickens during treatments, and it won’t rip if a goat jumps in your lap! A Must have… 

-And lastly, no matter how much work you have be sure to have fun! :) Put on that plaid and those cowgirl boots and enjoy being a country person! It’s great therapy to sit down and watch your cute and playful animals… Goats skipping like deer, chickens scratching and flapping around, and bucks play fighting, etc. etc. It helps you appreciate God’s wisdom and beauty in nature! ❤️❤️ Live simply, y’all, and appreciate country living! :) Love, Hope ❤️












Comments

  1. Haha! 😁 So funny, & soo true!
    Yep, you’ve always got your pocket knife! (Except when you do ballet…)😉
    And yes, ALWAYS keep your hair away from goats! ( My hair is still recovering from your Jubilee…) 😏

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please no anonymous comments; at least put your first name. Thank you! :)

Popular Posts