Skip to main content

Featured Post

Satisfied Yet???

The Grass Was Dead on the Other Side WARNING: Do NOT read this post if you plan on being proud and rejecting what you read! Hell will be hotter for you. DO CONTINUE to read if you have a soft and humble heart. This post contains a VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE.  Amen.  Isaiah 40:6-8, " The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field: The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the Lord bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever." I always wanted to be a princess. All of my young girl dreams were filled with royal princes, fighting knights, dancing ballerinas, handsome kings, and beautiful queens. A dreamer by nature, with a wild imagination (runs in the family), I spent my youth dressing up, dancing, and playing “princess” games with my sisters. Castles were incredible to me

Country Living and what I’ve Learned (So far…) Part 2









 I was a “city-slick” for about 23 years of my life (albeit a country girl-wanna-be… ha ha). We are fresh newbies at this whole homesteading stuff, and have really learned a lot in the past couple of years. To read part one go Here



Here’s some-more- tips:

  • Outsmart your animals! Ha ha I fought chickens (and occasionally a runaway goat) with my flowers and plants and gardens all spring and most of my summer. After losing 9 tomato plants (due to root exposure from digging chickens), All of my elephant ears,  several different flower plants, and other losses (including my patience and temper! Ha ha), I finally got smart enough to net and protect. Work smarter and not harder, y’all! 
  • Sometimes there is nothing you can do. So far, we’ve cured multiple bumble foot cases with hens (including having to do surgery on one with Mom! Yikes), frost bitten Roo combs, expelled and cured sour crop (I was crying and praying While doing this on my Aloe hen as they can aspirate on the nasty contents and die! Praise Jesus she lived), and cured multiple sicknesses. But after my baby goat died in my arms last fall due to a freak poisoning/choking incident (that the vet couldn’t help with), and blaming myself and breaking my heart, I finally learned that sometimes you can’t do anything. The Lord got me through that tough time, and taught me a lot through it. Praise Jesus. πŸ’™
  • Be patient, kind, gentle, and loving towards your animals and they will respond really well. Animals  are animals. They are smarter than they get credit for, but they also just don’t know. This is why I make it a habit (by Jesus’s spirit!) to be as patient as I can with them. Say “good morning”, tell them thank you for their eggs and milk, sing or pray while milking, kiss them and tell them how cute they are. Animals know when they’re loved or unloved. πŸ’™ Stress is a preventive of production. If you want more milk and eggs treat your animals gently! 
  • Use team work with animal chores! Divide chores up among family members hand This will help life sail a lot smoother.
  • Research, research, research! Books, YouTube, websites, everything. This will really help you!!! 
  • And of course, enjoy your precious animals. Take time to cuddle them, kiss your kids and does, and watch the male rivalry! Ha ha I love country living! Wouldn’t trade it for anything else! Praise Jesus. -Hope πŸ’™πŸ’™

Comments

Popular Posts