Skip to main content

Featured Post

Satisfied Yet???

The Grass Was Dead on the Other Side WARNING: Do NOT read this post if you plan on being proud and rejecting what you read! Hell will be hotter for you. DO CONTINUE to read if you have a soft and humble heart. This post contains a VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE.  Amen.  Isaiah 40:6-8, " The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field: The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the Lord bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever." I always wanted to be a princess. All of my young girl dreams were filled with royal princes, fighting knights, dancing ballerinas, handsome kings, and beautiful queens. A dreamer by nature, with a wild imagination (runs in the family), I spent my youth dressing up, dancing, and playing “princess” games with my sisters. Castles were incredible to me

Quotes~

One of my Favorite quotes:
"When obedience to God contradicts what  think will give me pleasure, let me ask myself if I love Him."
~Elisabeth Elliot
I like Psalm 16:11 to go along with this quote:
"In thy presence is fullness of joy, and at the right there are pleasures forever more."


Another one of my all time favorites:
"A woman's heart should be so caught up in God's that a man has to seek HIM in order to find hers."
~Unknown

Some more good quotes:
“Lord, I give up my own plans and purposes, all my own desires and hopes, and accept Thy will for my life. I give myself, my life, my all utterly to Thee to be Thine forever. Fill me and seal me with Thy Holy Spirit. Use me as Thou wilt, send me where Thou wilt, work out Thy whole will in my life at any cost now and forever.”
– Betty Scott Stam
 
‘Father, I’m not soaring today. Help me.’ ‘Daughter, soaring is not always flying high above the world. Sometimes one is soaring only two feet above the ground, just enough to keep you from getting tangled in the thorns and crashing against the rocks.’”
– Amy Carmichael

“Perhaps some future day Lord, Thy strong hand will lead me to a place where I must stand utterly alone.
Alone, O gracious Love but for Thee;
I shall be satisfied if I can see – Jesus only. I do not know Thy plans for years to come.
My spirit finds its perfect home sufficiency.
Lord, all my desire is before Thee now Lead on, no matter where, no matter what – I trust in Thee.”
– Elisabeth Elliot

“...the deepest spiritual lessons are not learned by His letting us have our way in the end, but by His making us wait, bearing with us in love and patience until we are able to honestly pray what He taught His disciples to pray: Thy will be done.”
– Elisabeth Elliot

We are not here to be overcome, but to rise unvanquished after every knockout blow, and laugh the laugh of faith, not fear.”
– Amy Carmichael

 
 

 
The one concern of the Devil is to keep the saints from praying. He fears nothing from prayer-less studies, prayer-less work, prayer-less religion. He laughs at our toil, mocks at our wisdom, but trembles when we pray.
~Samuel Chadwick
 
The Christian life can be explained only in terms of Jesus, and if your life as a Christian can still be explained in terms of you - your personality, your willpower, your gift, your talent, your money, your courage, your scholarship, your dedication, your sacrifice, or your anything - then although you may have the Christian life, you are not yet living it! ... True Godliness leaves the world convinced beyond a shadow of a doubt that the only explanation for you, is Jesus Christ.
~Ian Thomas
 
He has a divine Master, whose example he follows, though in deep humility! He lays down his power; it is not taken from him. Earthly crowns are dross to him who looks for a heavenly one.
~Scottish Chiefs
 
What comes into our minds when we think about God is the most important thing about us. The history of mankind will probably show that no people has ever risen above its religion, and man's spiritual history will positively demonstrate that no religion has ever been greater than its idea of God. Worship is pure or base as the worshipper entertains high or low thoughts of God. For this reason the gravest question before the Church is always God Himself.
~A.W. Tozer,
 
The Knowledge of the Holy Love perfects the end of every story in which He is allowed to be the hero.
~anonymous
 
 
Before the world, aye, before the sleepy, lukewarm, faithless, namby-pamby Christian world, we will dare to trust our God, we will venture our all for Him, we will live and we will die for Him, and we will do it with His joy unspeakable singing aloud in our hearts.
~C.T. Studd   
 
How beautiful are the arms, which have embrace Christ, the eyes which have gazed upon Christ, the lips which have spoken with Christ, the feet which have followed Christ. How beautiful are the hands which have worked the works of Christ, the feet which treading in His footsteps have gone about doing good, the lips which have spread abroad His Name, the lives which have been counted for Him.
~Christina Rossetti

Comments

  1. Wow! Thank you! One of my favorite quotes is, "A virtuous woman is hard to find. Live to be the exception."~The Time-Warp Wife

    Thanks again!
    ~Ellie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're welcome! That's a great quote as well- Thanks. :) Yes, we are to be more precious and valuable than rubies. Oh how Jesus longs for us to be his jewels! (see Malachi 4:16-18)
    You can't hardly find any virtuous woman these days, but that's not stopping us is it?! :) We WILL BE virtuous woman because virtuous women are POWERFUL (Jesus had "virtue" come out of him when the lady with the issue of blood touched the hem of his garment- that's REAL power right there!). :)
    Be blessed dear sis,
    ~Hope<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! That really blessed me today! Would you mind telling that Bible verse again? I would really like to look it up, But I don't think there is a Malachi 4:16-18! :P
      Blessings!
      ~Ellie

      Delete
  3. All you're welcome sweet young lady. I'm very sorry! I meant Malachi 3:16-18. My bad. :) I hope to be an encouragement to you sis. I also enjoy your blog. I don't think I could follow it though. Did you turn it off?
    Be blessed dear sister and fellow servant of our great Prince Jesus.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok, Thanks! Hmm, I have no idea why you could not follow it! No, I did not turn it off, that is funny. Oh well! Thanks again!
      Blessings! ~Ellie

      Delete
    2. You're welcome! And I figured it how to follow your blog. I kept misspelling it! Lol
      Have a great thanksgiving sis. :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please no anonymous comments; at least put your first name. Thank you! :)

Popular Posts