Skip to main content

Featured Post

Satisfied Yet???

The Grass Was Dead on the Other Side WARNING: Do NOT read this post if you plan on being proud and rejecting what you read! Hell will be hotter for you. DO CONTINUE to read if you have a soft and humble heart. This post contains a VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE.  Amen.  Isaiah 40:6-8, " The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field: The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the Lord bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever." I always wanted to be a princess. All of my young girl dreams were filled with royal princes, fighting knights, dancing ballerinas, handsome kings, and beautiful queens. A dreamer by nature, with a wild imagination (runs in the family), I spent my youth dressing up, dancing, and playing “princess” games with my sisters. Castles were incredible to me

Artwork/Neat quote

Hey y'all! I hope you're all well. I'm doing better than I deserve for sure. :) I know that I need to do "A Taste of Heaven on Earth Part Two" but... ah... I am NOT inspired at the moment. I will get to it when I get that delicious "inspiration."

Here's some recent artwork. I feel bad because I haven't hardly shared any of my artwork out here... Sorry! ha ha

The "Warrior Princess" is me getting inspired because I have a story currently running through my head that I want to write and illustrate. I'm still setting up the plot but it may be about a "Warrior Princess." :)

 
And here's another "Manga Style" girl:
 
And here's some graphite drawings:

     A Princess Castle (obviously my little girl dreams of being a princess have not dissipated as I've gotten older! ha ha They have just matured to include the desire for a Warrior Prince as well. I am a princess though because my father is the King of kings!).


A white-tailed deer head:
A "Victorian girl":


   
And a wolf:






And here's a great quote that really challenged me. While I was in Oklahoma last month I reread the book "So Much More" by, Elisabeth and Sofia Botkin (which -by the way- is a GREAT book!Though I don't agree with every single thing in it, I still HIGHLY recommend it to young ladies).  I came across this great quote:

      Former U.S. Senate Chaplain Peter Marshall lamented back in the 1940's,
"Godly womanhood... the very phrase sounds strange in our ears. We never hear it now. We hear about every other type of woman: beautiful women, smart women, sophisticated women, career women, talented women, divorced women. But so seldom do we hear of a godly woman -or of a godly man either for that matter. We believe women come nearer to fulfilling their God-given function in the home than anywhere else. It is a much nobler thing to be a good wife, than to be a Miss-America. It is a greater achievement to establish a Christian home than it is to produce a second-rate novel filled with filth. It is a far, far better thing in the realms of morals to be old-fashioned, than to be ultra-modern. The world has enough women who know how to be smart. It needs women who are willing to be simple. The world has enough women who know how to be brilliant. It needs some who will be brave. The world has enough women who are popular. It needs more who are pure. We need women, and men, too, who would rather be morally right then socially correct."

Wow. That was great! Are you going to go after the world's model for women or God's?


Well, my sis wants me to help restring her violin so better skedaddles. Bye y'all! Have a great night.
Do y'all like seeing my artwork?

~Hope<3

Comments

  1. Your art is very pretty! :) I love the quote! I'll have to look up that book too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. You've already seen them in person bro! ha ha :) Thanks for being an encouraging brother. <3
      (BTW- so that my good is not being evil spoken of: Josh is my blood brother. Just so ya know! I don't really "talk" to guys unless the topic is spiritual, and I don't email any, etc. But... that's another blog post... :)

      Delete
  3. Wow! The artwork is fantastic, and the quote... well, challenging to say the least! We, as Christian ladies, (Titus 2) have a huge but also beautiful responsibility. I pray the Lord will strengthen you, and all Godly young ladies to be the vessels He desires them to be!
    God bless you Sister Hope <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks dear sis! :) And I know, it seriously challenged me.
      I pray that God will strengthen you and your husband as y'all are living for Jesus. Stay strong!
      I love you guys and miss y'all a lot! Please give CUTIE PIE Abby a big hug and kiss from "Auntie" Hope. <3
      May Jesus richly bless y'all. <3

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please no anonymous comments; at least put your first name. Thank you! :)

Popular Posts