Skip to main content

Featured Post

Satisfied Yet???

The Grass Was Dead on the Other Side WARNING: Do NOT read this post if you plan on being proud and rejecting what you read! Hell will be hotter for you. DO CONTINUE to read if you have a soft and humble heart. This post contains a VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE.  Amen.  Isaiah 40:6-8, " The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field: The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the Lord bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever." I always wanted to be a princess. All of my young girl dreams were filled with royal princes, fighting knights, dancing ballerinas, handsome kings, and beautiful queens. A dreamer by nature, with a wild imagination (runs in the family), I spent my youth dressing up, dancing, and playing “princess” games with my sisters. Castles were incredible to me

Awk and Awe-Catch Up On My Life

Well folks, I have a little bit of time right now so I decided to do what's charitable (ha ha) and do a post.

To be honest I really am not feeling good right now. I have a cold/fever/upset stomach. I'm tired, sore, stressed, and completely worn out. I really just want to SLEEP! ha

But the Lord has been teaching me a few things lately...
1) I'm really not as strong as I thought I was.
2) Pray for and serve others above yourself even when you don't feel like it.
3) Complaining is an ugly crutch.
and,
4) I really need the strength of God! REALLY.

There's other things He's teaching me as well. I hope to blog about them soon. (Keywords: "hope" and "soon".)


So some awkward and awesome things in my life. (Some of these go months back. ha I'm behind...)

AWKWARD:
  • Telling my sister to rub in that spot of lotion on her hand and turns out it's baby spit up. ha ha
  • Contemporary art. period.
  • Watching my brother teach his fiancé some guitar and he's singing this crazy version of Amazing Grace for fun. (He's crazy!) He was just being silly...
  • Talking to some little girls and having little girls on my lap while also trying to eat spaghetti. Then, a lady coming over to tell me that my hair was in my spaghetti. *blushes then pulls long strand of hair out of spaghetti while thanking the lady*
  • Having 3 girls playing with my hair at once. I had a braid, a pigtail, and a French braid going on my head while surrounded by LOTS of people. I didn't even want to look in the mirror after that! :)
  • Having a conversation with my best friends in OK about wedding dresses, our favorite colors for weddings, and courtship styles we like and I go, "Ummm... We are not even in a courtship yet, or even considering the possibility of someone right now and we are talking about this?" *blank stares*        Let's just say that that was the only time we talked about that again.... ha ha  Though one of the ladies who was staying there, as well, was really enjoying showing me pictures of "country style weddings" on pinterest after that... :)
  • Our new puppy running around the house with a dirty diaper in her mouth.
  • We have a cone thingy and whenever our neighbors our having a party (and we're leaving the house) we put it on our parking spot because they're notorious for taking it (and carrying groceries for a large family up the street is NOT easy). Well, we had our cone out recently and my sister was looking out the window and watched our neighbor throw our cone into another neighbor's trash can! So, someone was mad! Needless to say we were shocked. We got it out, obviously, and we definitely know that we have a jezebel neighbor who hates us.
  • We have the nosiest neighbors who literally watch our every move, pretend like they're nice to our face, and they HATE us. What a lovely and awkward combination!
  • Being COMPLETELY dirty (like literally having mud smeared on us ) and going to pick up something from some people who were very neat and clean and looking us up and down. It was funny and very humbling to say the least.
  • We were staying at a hotel when we were at the Creation museum, and my sister and I were helping load suitcases into the car and were talking in extremely goofy country accents for fun (I had just gotten my cowgirl hat and was wearing it and I guess the "country spirit" overcame us or something). So, we were coming down a long flight of stairs talking back and forth in that accent not realizing that 2 ladies were at the bottom of the stairs listening to us and STARING at us intently as well (I guess they had to see those "country-bumpkins" for themselves!).  So, embarrassed we expressed our gratitude as they held the door for us and then we promptly bust out laughing when we got to our truck. Why? Because their faces registered extreme SHOCK when they heard our voices dramatically change into a regular accent. ha ha We have fun times. :)
  • Trying to shoot a power bow while we were in Kentucky with everyone watching and realizing that I wasn't strong enough to bend it. :/ ha My dad did though and was getting good as well. :)
  • We were driving up on a mountain one day just to sight see and then we stopped in this quaint little gas station to get some gas and snacks. Well, when we got in there were these 2 red necks (literally!) looking at and purchasing some alcoholic beverages. I mean, they WERE "Country bumpkins" with tattoos, mud stained clothes, a rusty old truck parked out front, and one was shirt-less. Also they smelled like smoke, alcohol, and were really loud and trying to flirt with the cashier (while she was getting mad at them they just laughed). Well, my sister was out in the truck when they came out and she heard them talking.  The shirt-less Country bumpkin to the other country bumpkin: "So that's why the cashier was mad! Look!" (He was pointing to our truck and all the Bible magnets all over it). "Well," Snorted the other country bumpkin, "What do you expect from a bunch of country bumpkins!" When my sister told us we about died laughing. So we were the country bumpkins because of our Bible magnets and they WERE NOT! ha ha ha
                                      
    AWESOME:
  • Getting a new puppy! Her name is "Abby" and the Lord really worked everything out providentially. I wish I had time to write out the whole testimony but, alas, I do not. She is a pit-bull mixed with a German shepherd. She's gonna be a GREAT guard dog! Here's some pics:

  • Going to the Creation Museum. It is over rated (I think. ha ha ) but it was still neat.
  • Getting a cow girl hat in Kentucky (the family we stayed with bought it for me. *so sweet*). I will put pictures out soon.
  • Getting to witness to several people at Kentucky and even meeting a homeschooled girl who dressed modestly. :)
  • Meeting Ken ham and getting my picture with him. The funny thing was that when I asked him for a pic (the "proper and dignified" Ken Ham) asked, :Do ya want a selfie?" I laughed so hard later. :)
  • Getting to be "live entertainment" at our mini yard sale last Saturday (with my guitar). I also got to give God lots of glory! :)
  • Having a bake/yard sale this Saturday. *excited as I dearly enjoy baking/cooking*
Well, I can't think of anything else at the moment. ha ha and I have several things to do right now.

Just keep me and my family in prayers as we are working HARD and trying to get a business started.

KEEP THYSELF PURE.
Your sis in Christ,
~Hope Jerusalem<3




Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please no anonymous comments; at least put your first name. Thank you! :)

Popular Posts