Skip to main content

Featured Post

Satisfied Yet???

The Grass Was Dead on the Other Side WARNING: Do NOT read this post if you plan on being proud and rejecting what you read! Hell will be hotter for you. DO CONTINUE to read if you have a soft and humble heart. This post contains a VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE.  Amen.  Isaiah 40:6-8, " The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field: The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the Lord bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever." I always wanted to be a princess. All of my young girl dreams were filled with royal princes, fighting knights, dancing ballerinas, handsome kings, and beautiful queens. A dreamer by nature, with a wild imagination (runs in the family), I spent my youth dressing up, dancing, and playing “princess” games with my sisters. Castles were incredible to me

Review of 2014/ Honeymoon

Howdy folks!
Can you believe it's almost 2015! Wow. And what a year 2014 has been. I tell you what. The Lord has done so much in my life. It's amazing! :)

So, I'm taking a "honeymoon" with Jesus for the month of January and I won't be back on until February. And to make up for all my lack of posting (and a whole month of no posting coming up) I'm going to do a really long one right now! :) Isn't that nice? ;)

First, a review of 2014:
Go here to read my verse and quote for the year....


The 5 most popular posts were:
  1. "Attractive or a Turnoff? (What do the guys think?)" To read go here
  2. "I found my Mr. Right!" To read that go here
  3. "Awk 'n Awe- kinda random post" To read it go here 
  4. "Where Are the REAL Men?" To read click here
  5. "The Price Of a Princess" (My long awaited story) To read go here
My goals for 2014 were:

1. Have more faith in God.

Yes, God really did teach me (and my family!) about faith! If anybody personally knows my family they know that this is indeed the case. We have been literally living by faith all year.

I would've never guessed at the beginning of the year that when God gave me the verse "Hebrews 11:6" how that would play out in my life in a REAL way. Wow. My God is amazing.



2. Read more Bible.
Praise God that He helped me in this area as well. I read the BIble through 3 times this year (the last time through I read through backwards! Like from Revelation, to Jude, to 3John, to 2John, etc.) and also read the book of Proverbs 12 times.

The Lord really taught me a lot through it. And reading backwards was SO neat and gave me a different perspective.

 3. Memorize more Bible.
I tried in this area, but I still feel the need to memorize more. This is a struggle for me as I have a horrid memory! ha ha  

4. Be the light no matter where we are.
I ALWAYS feel like I need to witness/street preach/hand out gospel tracts more!

 5. Serve God with ALL my might.
Did I Lord?

6. Use my time very WISELY.
That's something I've really been feeling lately. Time is so short and we really need to redeem it! I've been praying that I'll just be completely consumed with Jesus and be so heavenly minded I'm just no earthly good ("no earthly good" as in "good" to the world).

7. Continue in my guitar learning.
Yes I have! I've also been really into more piano playing. May I always glorify God with my few talents.
 8. Study my Bible more.
Always need to study more.

 9. Be ready for God's SOON appearing.
Still watching! Even so COME Lord Jesus!

 10. Let God use me in mighty ways to showcase His glory.
Still my prayer.
 11. Share the gospel in Spanish.
I'm really too busy helping my Dad with his business to study Spanish- but I'm not going to give up on my dream! ha ha I still want to go on a missions trip to Mexico as well. :) Someday.... maybe....

12. Keep learning patience (particularly in waiting for my future husband).
And... Just do all things according to God's will in my life.
I hope I learned that! ha ha
Though the older I get the easier it gets for me to wait for my Prince, as I'm getting wiser and am only looking for THE BEST when it comes to my future husband (and guys who actually qualify on my list on what I'm looking for just aren't really out there right now! ha ha).

May God's will be done always!

Okay, so highlights of 2014 and also the verses that God gave me for each month:

January:

Isaiah 26:3-4 (KJV)
"Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee.
    Trust ye in the Lord for ever: for in the Lord Jehovah is everlasting strength:"

We Preached the Atlanta peach drop at the very beginning of the year. What an amazing time that was! It would've been nice to be out there again.

February:

Psalm 63:1(KJV)
"O God, thou art my God; early will I seek thee: my soul thirsteth for thee, my flesh longeth for thee in a dry and thirsty land, where no water is;"
 
Going to Mississippi for Camp meeting. :) The men preached "Mardi Gras" and I really enjoyed watching the videos and hearing the testimonies. The camp meeting was a blessing of course, and a taste of heaven on earth.

March:

Psalm 73:25(KJV)
"Whom have I in heaven but thee? and there is none upon earth that I desire beside thee."

We were in MS at the beginning, and then we went to Oklahoma to visit our sister Church! :)
 We had a great time preaching outside of a Miley Cyrus concert, a Switchfoot concert, and a Skillet and Third day concert.

Lamentations 3:24-25 (KJV)
The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.
The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him."

I got to campus preach with my older brother and that was neat. We also had an awesome family come stay with us and we did a lot of campus preaching with them. What a blessing!

May:


Philippians 3:10(KJV)
"That I may know him, and the power of his resurrection, and the fellowship of his sufferings, being made conformable unto his death;"
 
Went to a King James Bible Jubilee camp meeting. That was great. :)
Then we went to the beach! The testimonies of God moving were amazing! Go here to read about that trip.

June:


Psalm 37:7(KJV)
"Rest in the Lord, and wait patiently for him: fret not thyself because of him who prospereth in his way, because of the man who bringeth wicked devices to pass."

Left for a trip To Kentucky at then end of the month.

July:


Psalm 73:28(KJV)
But it is good for me to draw near to God: I have put my trust in the Lord God, that I may declare all thy works."

Psalm 27:8(KJV)
"When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek."

This was a tough month (to read more about it go here ).
But we stayed at a family's house for a little bit at the beginning, went to the Creation Museum, witnessed/handed out tracts at out local fair, dressed up like cows to get a free meal at Chick-fil-a, and watched my brother propose to his courtship partner!

August:


1 Corinthians 2:9 (KJV)
"But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him."

Isaiah 64:4 (KJV)
"For since the beginning of the world men have not heard, nor perceived by the ear, neither hath the eye seen, O God, beside thee, what he hath prepared for him that waiteth for him."
(TRUE LOVE WAITS)

Had a campus preacher stay with us, did a lot of work, got a new dog named "Abby", and had 2 yard sales and 1 bake sale.

September:


Psalm 103:1(KJV)
"Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name."
 
Had a sweet family stay with us and we did a lot of campus preaching. :)
 
October:
 
Hosea 2:19-20 (KJV)
"And I will betroth thee unto me for ever; yea, I will betroth thee unto me in righteousness, and in judgment, and in lovingkindness, and in mercies.
I will even betroth thee unto me in faithfulness: and thou shalt know the Lord."

Turned 6 years old in God's kingdom, and had a campus preacher stay with us till we left for the MS camp meeting (in November) and help us with our business.

November:


Psalm 46:10 (KJV)
"Be still, and know that I am God: I will be exalted among the heathen, I will be exalted in the earth."

Psalm 139:17-18 (KJV)
1"How precious also are thy thoughts unto me, O God! how great is the sum of them!
1If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with thee."

Went to the Mississippi camp meeting, :) It was a great blessing to see beloved family in Christ! :) Miss them a lot.... The biggest highlight of that trip was campus preaching at "LSU". What a joy!

Also stayed with our sister church in Oklahoma. Fervent charity in our midst for sure! We are watching the Lord move mountains to move them here with us. Miss them as well...

December:


Romans 8:18 (KJV)
"For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us."

Got up extra early every morning with my family and sought the Lord diligently and read lots of Bible, watched God do some pretty neat things, turned 18, got to street preach and witness a few times to the "Christmas crowds", and now here we are at the end of another year! wow.

I can't wait to see what all the Lord has in store for me this coming 2015.

I'll be back in February to give you my goals, verse of the year and quote, etc.

Be blessed! Keep thyself pure.

Your sis in Christ,
~Hope Jerusalem<3




Comments

Popular Posts