Skip to main content

Featured Post

Satisfied Yet???

The Grass Was Dead on the Other Side WARNING: Do NOT read this post if you plan on being proud and rejecting what you read! Hell will be hotter for you. DO CONTINUE to read if you have a soft and humble heart. This post contains a VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE.  Amen.  Isaiah 40:6-8, " The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field: The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the Lord bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever." I always wanted to be a princess. All of my young girl dreams were filled with royal princes, fighting knights, dancing ballerinas, handsome kings, and beautiful queens. A dreamer by nature, with a wild imagination (runs in the family), I spent my youth dressing up, dancing, and playing “princess” games with my sisters. Castles were incredible to me

The Mind of a Dreamer

Hello! Hope you're all well and happy in Jesus. :)

A few Sundays ago my Dad preached an awesome sermon that was called "Consumed with the Christ". It was a very convicting yet inspiring sermon and this post was inspired by it.

Dad talked about how God's mind is consumed with us and so ours should be full of Him! (Very convicting!)  And how we should be musing on our maker and consumed with our Creator. And there's plenty more neat things I learned from that sermon but will forbear on typing it all out.

There's so much in the Bible concerning "thoughts", "musing", "meditating", etc. and it is a great study.

King David in the Bible was a "dreamer" type and is one of my favorite men in the Bible. Reading Psalms you can see how passionate He was for the Lord (and I love the book of Psalms!).

First,  I want to talk about "dreamers". Are you a dreamer? Here is how I would describe that word...

I am a dreamer.
Not an aimless dreamer who's thoughts drift around like the puffy white clouds on a hot summer day,  but more like the directive aim of an eagle's flight or flash of lightning.
A dreamer has ideas. They have to express themselves. They have to take their emotions, feelings, quickenings and dreams and somehow convey how they feel through poetic prose, pen and ink, pencil and paper, or the notes of music.
 It can't stay locked inside like a volcano on the verge of a dramatic eruption or a hot kettle's exploding scream!

A dreamers stare can get locked on something and it may seem like they are dead to their surroundings when really their brains are busy analyzing, processing and observing so rapidly it can be completely overwhelming. They enjoy observing, judging and critiqueing.

I used to dream puffy white and pink "cloud dreams" when I was younger; a dancing ballerina, a beautiful princess and an adventurous mountain climber ascending indescribable heights were some of my future aspirations that compassed my dreams (not the dreams I dreamt when I slept at night but the kind that took place when I was wide awake).





I gave up girlish dreams for nobler visions of being a bold witness for the Lord, leaving behind a legacy of someone who loved the Lord with everything within them, or becoming a Virtuous wife and mother. None - for the most part- have been completely fulfilled (perhaps one day) but I still dream nonetheless. 




You learn to wisely tunnel your dreams as you get older. My projects should now help a greater cause rather then just crumble, clutter and collect dust. All those millions of little girl drawings, cardboard doll houses and construction paper crafts have been traded in for real art that can help further God's kingdom, real houses to take care of and real projects that require brain power. Your words should now be full of wisdom and God rather then vanity. And your thoughts should never be idly wasted. 



How does a "dreamer"  look at the world? Through the eyes of a dreamer flowers are more then just mere colorful petals and pollen filled middles. They are so artistic, graceful, full and blooming, creative and lovely. The sun shines golden filled rays in an endless ocean of intense blue. Birds sing beautiful melodies in worship to their Creator. Leather boots have seen adventure and life through their scarred appearances. Mountain rages are places to fly about and wonder at the greatness of our God. The Bible is FULL to a dreamer! So much to discover. And then, well, there's Jesus. 
To a dreamer He is my everything. 
I cannot live without Him! My life is so consumed with Him that it would be impossible at this point to separate us. I dream of being His Bride (HIS bride!) in a place that even a dreamer could not even began to comprehend. My wistful eyes gaze into the sky watching and waiting for His return. Hoping that it's finally today. Wondering. Wishing. Longing.  

 A dreamer is a passionate person by nature and tends to pour themselves with full energy, love, ethuiasism and life into what has captured their heart, drives and emotions.
Jesus has captured mine.
And I will pour myself into Him.
Nowadays you may see me get that faraway look into my eyes as they soften and shine but I'm not thinking about a new project, a guy, or my latest idea or project. The poetic expression slowly fades off my face as I gently pull myself back into the reality of a sinful world, evil people and dreams being dashed.
I was dreaming about Jesus.
My love. My life. My overwhelming desire to just leave this wicked world and be His for all eternity.

Yes. I am a dreamer. My head is caught up into the clouds just a little bit. And Jesus has my thoughts.
The more I dream about Him the more I want to dream about Him and love Him.







God also had dreams for me. He has thoughts that are perfectly wise. He has dreams that I can't fathom because His thoughts and ways are so perfect and past finding out. 

You know, God gives us the ability to dream. May we never waste that gift. Use it to glorify Him. 

Dreamers recognize other dreamers. I notice the soft poetic eyes, the gesturing hands, the glazed faraway look, the mind working on something brilliant, the artistic observance, the pacing back and forth, and the passionate drive to accomplish something great. I understand because that's me. I get it from my awesome Dad who wants to bring great glory to the Kingdom of God and steps out in faith with his big dreams and ideas. My dad is very inspiring! Praise God. 


I'm very sad when people waste their dreams on vanity, idleness, worldliness, or just letting them all die down and do nothing. But I'm very happy (yes I am!) when I see someone pouring themselves into Jesus with everything within themselves, passionate to see souls saved, and letting God give them visions for their life that help bring about His perfect will and eternal purposes. 


I will keep dreaming big. I can't be stopped. 
I love Jesus. 
He is my consuming passion and I love to see His name glorified. 

My eyes are on the clouds, my mind is stayed on Him, and I'm running towards that goal! 

One day my Prince will come... 
Perhaps today. 



Dreams do come true. God's dreams for you. Dream God's dreams and follow His perfect will. 

Be blessed fellow disciples! The Lord's, Hope Jerusalem 

Comments

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please no anonymous comments; at least put your first name. Thank you! :)

Popular Posts