Skip to main content

Featured Post

Satisfied Yet???

The Grass Was Dead on the Other Side WARNING: Do NOT read this post if you plan on being proud and rejecting what you read! Hell will be hotter for you. DO CONTINUE to read if you have a soft and humble heart. This post contains a VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE.  Amen.  Isaiah 40:6-8, " The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field: The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the Lord bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever." I always wanted to be a princess. All of my young girl dreams were filled with royal princes, fighting knights, dancing ballerinas, handsome kings, and beautiful queens. A dreamer by nature, with a wild imagination (runs in the family), I spent my youth dressing up, dancing, and playing “princess” games with my sisters. Castles were incredible to me

Are You Complaining or Are You Praising? (First World Problems?)

Howdy folks! How are you? It is well with my soul. :)

So, this past Sunday my Dad preached one of those fiery/convicting/challenging sermons that I greatly enjoyed. It was one of those sermons where one moment you're super convicted, the next you're dying laughing over how ridiculous people (like you) can be, and then the next you're near tears thinking about how selfish (or whatever) you are.

 It was basically about complaining and how sinful it really is, and so It inspired me to do this post. I'll share some things I learned from his sermon as well a things I've learned in the Bible (and maybe from some other Christian writers as well).


Complaining is disgusting. Brutal but true. And everyone has done it at some point in their life.

Have you ever been around someone who complains all the time? You just want to get away! It makes you see that person differently. Like, it disgusts' you to the point where you just want to stay as far away from that person as possible until they finally stop running that mouth of theirs.

Some people just need a new tongue (or a change of heart, Holy Ghost baptism, or salvation).

WHY DO PEOPLE COMPLAIN?

So, why do people complain? Because they're hot? tired? stressed? unhappy? depressed?

I'm sure there's plenty of reasons we complain. Complaining can become so a part of your speech you won't even recognize it anymore. Grumbling, sighing, murmuring, and complaining are nasty and annoying to the hearers but most people don't even think twice when they let those things out of their mouths!

We should have attitudes of thankfulness and not complaining.

Seriously, you live in America (and even if you don't you're probably still like an American). You are rich (yes, you are!) and spoiled rotten and possibly lazy. You have food, raiment, and a roof over your head. YOU DO NOT NEED TO COMPLAIN. EVER. Especially if you're a Christian! You have JESUS CHRIST! Why then would you complain?

Charity suffereth LONG. No complaining with her. If you are really full of God's love/charity you'll learn how to suffer long and not murmur or grumble.

Complaining leads to all kinds of sins including: discontentment, depression, envy, hatred, and the such like. One leads to another to another to another. Very bad.

FIRST WORLD PROBLEMS?

First world "problems" aren't really "problems" at all. My Dad said some in his sermon and had us dying in laughter at how true they were. Here's a few (plus a few my siblings and I came up with):

  • Your cell phone charger cord is not long enough for you to lay in bed and roam Facebook while it charges.
  • The coffee shop is out of hazelnut cream and now you have to get French vanilla.
  • You have "no room" for anything in your house (but you have so much junk that you have storage sheds full of stuff).
  • Your microwave's broken! How in the world are you going to cook anything now?
  • The self propel broke on your lawn mower. Now you'll actually have to push the lawn mower.
  • The wifi is so slow you can't watch a video on youtube.
  • You're out of ice and now you're going to have to drink warm soda pop.
  • One pillow's too low and two pillow's too high.
  • You just chipped the nail polish off your finger nail that you paid big bucks to get done.
  • It's too hot outside but too cold inside.
  • You're putting on mascara and then you sneeze.
  • There's too many food choices on the menu at the restaurant.
  • The cooks forgot to take the onions off your burger and now you'll have to go through the trouble of taking it off yourself.
  • You've been waiting for 2 extra minutes in line at the fast food restaurant.
  • You're out of toilet paper.
  • You're sweating so bad you're perfect hair-do is frizzing out and your make-up is sweating off (I mean it took you like 3 hours to get ready so you don't want it to mess up that quick!).
  • You got mud on your new shoes.
  • The bird's decided to use the bathroom on your car.


ARE WE READY FOR PERSECUTION?

It's so funny how you'll hear people act like they're so ready to die for The Lord, be persecuted, and be martyred for Jesus and then in the next breath they're complaining about how it's hot in the church building because the air conditioner's not working!
I'm like, "Really? You're NOT ready for persecution!"

We really do not know suffering or persecution in America. You should watch some videos of churches in other countries and see some REAL suffering and persecution. Maybe you won't complain anymore...

What did the disciples do in the Bible? What about Paul and Silas? They were praising God in PRISON. Paul wrote, "Not that I speak in respect of want: for I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."  and, "Rejoice in the Lord alway: and again I say, Rejoice." While in PRISON (and it WAS NOT an American prison mind you).


Like my Dad once said, "Joy is a choice." You can choose to be full of the joy of Christ or you can complain.

Have you ever read "Tortured For Christ" by, Richard Wurmbrand? I've cried through that book.
Here's a quote that should convict:
"When I look back on my fourteen years in prison, it was occasionally a very happy time. Other prisoners and even the guards often wondered at how happy Christians could be under the most terrible circumstances. We could not be prevented from singing, although we were beaten for this. I imagine that nightingales, too, would sing, even if they knew that after finishing they would be killed for it. Christians in prison danced for joy. How could they be happy under such tragic conditions?"

It's being FULL and OVERFLOWING with the Holy Ghost and power that keeps you full of joy even in tribulation. Also, keeping yourself in the presence of The Lord gives you fullness of joy (Psalm 16:11). Do you want joy unspeakable that you can't contain? Draw near to God and allow Him to FILL you up! Nothing compares, I promise you that much.

A good remedy for complaining is Praising.

ARE YOU PRAISY?
Does the world look at you and say, "Wow! They're praisy!"
Does the world think you're a crazy praiser?

Against all odds you are absurdly happy and full of joy. The world can only look at you and wonder.

Get FULL of JESUS! I mean just CONSUMED WITH HIM!







Like my Dad said, "You better watch your walk because everybody else is."
I actually have had unbelievers test me with questions to see my reaction, just hoping to get me to complain or murmur about the work I do with my Dad or whatever. Not happening with me. Even if it's hard work and I'm hot and tired, I'll never complain to an ungodly person about it!

Remember, ungodly people complain.
                                                    NOT CHRISTIANS.
We are different/peculiar. We praise God and we do not complain. Jude 15-16 says, "To execute judgment upon all, and to convince all that are ungodly among them of all their ungodly deeds which they have ungodly committed, and of all their hard speeches which ungodly sinners have spoken against him.
These are murmurers, complainers, walking after their own lusts; and their mouth speaketh great swelling words, having men's persons in admiration because of advantage."

Be a disciplined disciple who's mouth is bridled by The Holy Spirit. You can't tame your tongue but God can! (See: James 3.)
Everything you do contributes to your testimony. When you complain everyone hears it and that's the type of person you're portraying.
Debi Pearl said in her book "Preparing To Be a Help Meet",
"Don't be moody. Guys don't like complaining or touchy-feely, you-hurt-my-feelings type of girls. Most young men know someone's mother who makes the whole family miserable by her moodiness. All young men hope they escape that plague."
A guy also commented in her book and said, "Don't complain. Ever. Try not complaining about anything for a week and you'll realize what an ugly crutch it is. When evaluating a girl as a potential, I listen to her conversation and imagine the nature of them multiplied out 50 years. I shudder at the thought of enduring that much complaining, gossiping, whining, or sheer shallowness. Or will I find her conversations stimulating, encouraging, uplifting, and educational?"




If you want to get a good husband (or you want to keep your good husband!) then DO NOT COMPLAIN.
If you have a complaint just take it to The Lord. David did that in Psalms 142:2, "I poured out my complaint before him; I shewed before him my trouble."
Then after that... Praise Him! :)

A THANKFUL HEART

A joyful thankful heart is very noticeable on someone. They are just happier, prettier, more attractive, more fun to be around. Ever been around someone like that? If not, you're really missing out! :)

So, I'm going to end on some things I'm thankful for. You should make a list and pull it out any time you feel like complaining. Or, just start singing a song of praise to God the next time you feel like grumbling or murmuring. You're whole outlook on life just gets brighter when you praise God! I'm serious! I usually wake up every single morning with a song on my heart.
Also remember to memorize and mediate on God's words. That will fill your mouth with good things and not sinful words.

First some things you should be thankful for:
If you're married (or about to be married), be thankful you actually have a godly spouse. They're hard to come by-I tell you what!
If you're pregnant, be thankful you actually get to have a baby. Some couples can't have children at all.
If you have mountains of dishes, be thankful that you had food to eat on them.
If your feet hurt, be thankful you have feet.
If you're hot, be thankful you're not out in a desert somewhere with no water.
If you don't like the food for dinner, be thankful you have anything to eat at all.
Etc. etc...... (Think of some of your own)

THINGS I'M THANKFUL FOR:
  • The Lord Jesus Christ. He's My Wellbeloved Bridegroom.
  • My godly parents and brothers and sisters.
  • My guitar to praise God with (and other instruments).
  • The opportunity to reach out to lost souls and preach the gospel.
  • That I'm pure for my future husband.
  • That I get to do hard work and not sit around like a selfish lazy person.
  • That My Dad has taught me to not complain, to work hard, to be thankful, to be disciplined, and to be FULL of joy.
  • My Beloved Bible.
  • Our church and our fervent charity and unity.
  • That we are free to street preach, have Bible magnets on our car, and hand out gospel tracts.
  • Food, clothes, shoes, a house, and a bed.
  • Sunshine, flowers, horses, art, the color blue, songs, and friends.


"Before the world, aye, before the sleepy, lukewarm, faithless, namby-pamby Christian world, we will dare to trust our God, we will venture our all for Him, we will live and we will die for Him, and we will do it with His joy unspeakable singing aloud in our hearts. "
~C.T. Studd   


Psalm 144:9-15, "I will sing a new song unto thee, O God: upon a psaltery and an instrument of ten strings will I sing praises unto thee.
 It is he that giveth salvation unto kings: who delivereth David his servant from the hurtful sword.
 Rid me, and deliver me from the hand of strange children, whose mouth speaketh vanity, and their right hand is a right hand of falsehood:
That our sons may be as plants grown up in their youth; that our daughters may be as corner stones, polished after the similitude of a palace:
That our garners may be full, affording all manner of store: that our sheep may bring forth thousands and ten thousands in our streets:
That our oxen may be strong to labour; that there be no breaking in, nor going out; that there be no complaining in our streets.
 Happy is that people, that is in such a case: yea, happy is that people, whose God is the Lord." 

(No complaining= HAPPY people!:)
 

Well, got to head to bed. Be blessed. Dare to be different. Don't complain. Praise God.
And KEEP THYSELF PURE.

Your sis in Christ,
~Hope Jerusalem <3




















Comments

  1. Amen! Praise God. Good message sister. Very timely for me lately. Pregnancy has been hard on me this time, but I am so thankful for a new sweet baby on the way and to be able to have a labor of love for such a blessing from God.
    Looking forward to your next post! <3

    -Elaina Green

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise God dear sis. :) And "Auntie Hope" is very excited for that beautiful baby to be born. <3

      Delete
  2. Amen!! Great post. There is almost nothing more draining than incessant complaining!

    Whenever I feel like complaining, I like to remember this verse:

    “A merry heart doeth good like a medicine: but a broken spirit drieth the bones.”
    ‭‭Proverbs‬ ‭17:22‬

    And then I ask myself, do I want to do people good or dry out their bones? Lol! But, in all seriousness, your countenance affects others more than you know, and it's so important to guard that and still praise God/be content in all circumstances. :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please no anonymous comments; at least put your first name. Thank you! :)

Popular Posts