Skip to main content

Featured Post

Satisfied Yet???

The Grass Was Dead on the Other Side WARNING: Do NOT read this post if you plan on being proud and rejecting what you read! Hell will be hotter for you. DO CONTINUE to read if you have a soft and humble heart. This post contains a VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE.  Amen.  Isaiah 40:6-8, " The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field: The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the Lord bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever." I always wanted to be a princess. All of my young girl dreams were filled with royal princes, fighting knights, dancing ballerinas, handsome kings, and beautiful queens. A dreamer by nature, with a wild imagination (runs in the family), I spent my youth dressing up, dancing, and playing “princess” games with my sisters. Castles were incredible to me

Random Things About Me- Awk and awe

Howdy folks! I can't keep away from my faithful blog for too long. :)

Life has been fun, crazy, exciting, and busy lately.  I hope you all are well out there somewhere. :)

So 10 random things about me:

1) I'm slightly "baby crazy." ha ha I literally get "baby fever" when I haven't been around one in a while and more than once I've been seen holding two babies at the same time.

2) I used to really, really like ballet and my dream was to be a prima ballerina. Now I just dance for The Lord (usually "Jewish dancing").

3) I really, really like horses.

4) I hate wearing sunglasses but I have light sensitive eyes so I have to wear them anyways.

5) I used to be terrified to talk to a random stranger. I was super shy and awkward, but The Lord has really grown me through that and know I can witness with His confidence.

6) I HATE getting my picture taken.

7) I think blue is the best color ever and when I was little I used to pray that God would change my "camouflage colored" eyes to blue. I do have a teeny tiny ring of blue around the edge of my eyes though so at least I have that! The Lord did answer my prayer- He just said, "No."

8) It takes nothing to make me blush.

9) I'm scared of snakes, electricity, singing in front of people (though I do just about every Sunday!), being alone in the woods at night, drowning, and wrecking on four wheelers (ha ha).  But strangely enough I like thunder storms, earth worm snakes, swimming in rivers, and being a blessing to people even if I don't like to sing in front of them!

10) I absolutely hate doughnuts, pancakes, onions, fudge, syrup, French toast, and chili (though I really enjoy cooking all those things).


SOOOO, some awkward and awesome from my life recently:

AWKWARD:
  • Being called a 15 year old almost every time we campus preach and then being mistaken for my Dad's wife and my little siblings mother everywhere else. Just yesterday I was longboarding with my Dad up the street while he "dog boarded" (our dog pulls him up the street while he longboards) and my two little siblings (ages 13 and 11) were riding their scooters. Then a lady walked by and said, "Oh! I see how it is, the parents skateboard while the kids scooter!" I was too shocked to even correct her....
  • I was working on a lawn when this random red neck lady yells, "Hey! Aren't you hot wearing all those clothes?!" (She was barely dressed at all and I was modestly dressed.) "NO..." was my quick reply.
  • Talking on the phone and I have to do ALL the talking or else there's pure silence.
  • Spending an extra amount of time on my hair only to have my little sis tell me that my hair looked frizzy. O_o That made me feel pretty self conscious.
  • Winning a crossword puzzle game at a bridal shower and everyone mad at me because I completed it too fast.
  • Sitting on my bed after a shower only to hear/feel our cat chewing the ends of my hair (I had accidently put too much gel in it so it was slightly crispy).
  • Floating down a river in a tube with my twin when she interrupted my relaxing moment with a scream. Turns out my foot was about 3 inches away from a snake!
  • My little brother scaring me like ALL the time.
  • Watching someone complain about being hot when they're sitting right in front of a fan and their hair's blowing wildly because of it.
  • Getting slapped in the face by a branch while driving by it.
  • Singing "Be Thou My Vision" one Sunday and my sis leading it sang verse 3 twice. Oh well, it is my favorite verse in that hymn. Also I was doing some picking on my guitar at the end of a song and totally messed up so I just said, "Oh whatever!" (First random thing to enter my head.)
  • Telling my Mom that I'm definitely not marrying a guy with softer hands then me while also showing her my roughened calloused hands and then one of the guys in our church standing by said, "Well you could probably use that little foot scrubber on them and that could soften them up." (I guess his wife does that on her feet?). I just said, "Well, they'll just get rough again when I work so no need. Then He said, "Well fine then! Keep your old man hands!" (He was joking but it was awkward. ha ha I stared at my hands the rest of the night...)
AWESOME:
  • Being told countless times that my sisters and I work harder then most guys.
  • This picture:


  • Ginger beer. (obviously non-alcoholic)
  • The guys in our church going tubing/preaching down our river while us girls hung out at our house.
  • Tubing down our river.
  • Really getting back into longboarding lately.
  • Getting a really pretty lace dress at a store, sewing it to fit me modestly, and excited about wearing it tomorrow.
  • Finishing a painting for a lady in our church who's giving it to her husband for Father's day tomorrow.
  • Having a dear brother in Christ stay with us right now and playing guitar with him today.
  • AMAZING revelations in Gods words.
  • Being LOVED by a King. <3
  • This song:
                       "Stand Still" by, the Isaacs
Verse 1:
The Father has a plan. Though it's hard to
see it now
You feel you're walking all alone.
But He is there no doubt
When the storm around you rages,
And you're tossed to and fro
When you're faced with life's decisions,
Not sure which way to go

Chorus:
Stand still and let God move,
Standing still is hard to do
When you feel you have reached the end,
He'll make a way for you
Stand still and let God move

Verse 2:
When the enemy surrounds you, And the walls
are closing in
When the tide is swiftly rising, And you wonder
My lord where have you been
Friend, there never was a moment, That His arms
weren't reaching out
You can rest assured and be secure, God is moving
right now

Chorus

When you feel you have reached the end, He'll make a
way for you
Stand still and let God move
The answer will come, But only in His time

Stand still and let God move, Stand still and let God
move


Well, I better go y'all. Love you all!

KEEP THYSELF PURE.

~Hope Jerusalem<3


Comments

  1. Wow!
    We are so much alike!

    I do ballet
    LOVE horses!
    Don't like wearing sunglasses
    Me and my best friend love blue
    And im super shy, until I get to know someone.
    But I love doughnuts!

    Chickie! B)

    P.s.
    I LOVE CAMO!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Neat!

      Yeah, I work with my Dad full time doing landscaping/lawn/house care and so I'm in the sun all the time so I have to wear sunglasses (I get headaches) so, I bought pink camo sunglasses to make me feel better about wearing them! ha ha
      ~Hope Jerusalem

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please no anonymous comments; at least put your first name. Thank you! :)

Popular Posts