Skip to main content

Featured Post

Satisfied Yet???

The Grass Was Dead on the Other Side WARNING: Do NOT read this post if you plan on being proud and rejecting what you read! Hell will be hotter for you. DO CONTINUE to read if you have a soft and humble heart. This post contains a VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE.  Amen.  Isaiah 40:6-8, " The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field: The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the Lord bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever." I always wanted to be a princess. All of my young girl dreams were filled with royal princes, fighting knights, dancing ballerinas, handsome kings, and beautiful queens. A dreamer by nature, with a wild imagination (runs in the family), I spent my youth dressing up, dancing, and playing “princess” games with my sisters. Castles were incredible to me

Some Photo Realism tips for The Artists out there 💙

 Here’s some things I’ve learned after drawing on and off for about 10-11 years now…

  • Keep it light and don’t overwork your drawing. Start light and then add dark as you go. Too much B and you look like you’re drawing a dark screen. It’s cute to draw an entire picture with a mechanical pencil (and I have done this) but it will not look photo realistic! You need to use all the variant Hs and Bs in order to get the stark differences. 
  • Use the ERASER! Sometimes it’s not in what you draw but in what you DO NOT draw. I really like the mono-zero eraser and would highly recommend.
  • Make your Blacks very black and your whites Very white. Especially in eyes, y’all, they need that sparkle and shine. (Eyes are my favorite thing to draw- they are the windows to your soul and so different and interesting!)
  • Use a piece of parchment or wax paper to protect your drawing while you work. So this will prevent smearing  (and keep your hand from becoming covered in graphite!). 
  • Use a GOOD reference photo. I actually usually take my own photos of my subject (since I known what I want). If you can’t, you need to print out a good black and white one. This makes All the difference in the world! 
  • Look for ways to make your drawing stand out from just standard graphite art. Maybe you need to make that necklace really sparkle, or bring out that highlight in the hair, anything to make your art POP helps.
  • Study your subject. I Really like to study faces. People have their own unique way of looking  and I have to figure out why they look that way. If you can study the subject in person then study them in person (ha ha). It’s a little weird, I know, but it helps. I make my family members a little self conscious when they catch me staring at them (hee hee)!!! ;) 




Hope this helps! In Christ, Hope 💙💙

Comments

Popular Posts