Skip to main content

Featured Post

Satisfied Yet???

The Grass Was Dead on the Other Side WARNING: Do NOT read this post if you plan on being proud and rejecting what you read! Hell will be hotter for you. DO CONTINUE to read if you have a soft and humble heart. This post contains a VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE.  Amen.  Isaiah 40:6-8, " The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field: The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the Lord bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever." I always wanted to be a princess. All of my young girl dreams were filled with royal princes, fighting knights, dancing ballerinas, handsome kings, and beautiful queens. A dreamer by nature, with a wild imagination (runs in the family), I spent my youth dressing up, dancing, and playing “princess” games with my sisters. Castles were incredible to me

Review of 2013/Goals for 2014, etc

Well, I'm back dear fellow sisters in Christ. ha ha What a month I tell you!
First off I'm gonna start with a review of my year (2013).


On my blog the top five most popular posts were:


1) "I Found My Mr. Right" (click here to read)
2) "A Taste of Heaven on Earth" (click this link to peruse)
3) "Enter Into His Gates With Thanksgiving... What I'm thankful for, a poem, etc. " (that can be found here )
4) "What Is Purity?"  (click this ) and...
5) "Quotes" (read it here )


I typically "claim" a verse and a quote for the year (whatever the Lord lays on my heart) and so my verse and quote that I claimed for the year 2013 were (was?):
Psalm 16:11, "Thou wilt shew me the path of life: in thy presence is fulness of joy; at thy right hand there are pleasures for evermore."
And my quote was:
"When obedience to God contradicts what I think will give me pleasure let me ask myself if I love Him." ~Elisabeth Elliot


My goals for 2013 were:
1. Get a deeper prayer life.
2. Seek God more.
3. Learn patience.
4. Be able to share the complete gospel to a Spanish person (in Spanish).
5. Blog more faithfully.
6. Learn guitar
7. And do all I can for God.


Did I achieve my goals?
-I did indeed get a deeper prayer life (Praise the Lord!), the Lord helped me seek him more (He even "drew away" for a little while just to try me! :)
-OH YES (!) God DID INDEED increase my patience- I tell you what (Praise his HOLY name).
-Sadly I failed in learning the complete gospel in Spanish :( I will try harder this year (life is just SOOO busy! But I do hand out Spanish gospel tracts ALL the time and say a few phrases).
-I hope I blogged more faithfully (?).
- The Lord really blessed me in this area of learning guitar. In a matter of one year he blessed me with 2 guitars, a blue strap, picks, tuner, and capo (I didn't have to spend a penny). He also has helped me with my musical ear, singing, and He has encouraged me when I have felt FUSTRATED teaching myself guitar. I hope to put some videos out soon. I'm also so blessed to have a brother who is AMAZING at guitar and has given me some great tips/pointers. :) Praise God! (I LOVE praising my Creator!)
 - And I tried (by God's spirit and not always excelling) to do his will for me this year. I'm so glad I have such a FAITHFUL Father who helps me stay faithful to Him. :)


God really grew me in Him this year, saved me from some disasters, chastised me, encouraged me, increased my patience, drew near to me as I drew near to Him, did some AMAZING stuff in my life, led me to some AWESOME family in Christ, moved mightily, provided for my needs, used me as a vessel for His glory, led me in the right direction, helped me grow bolder in witnessing/street preaching, and words can't describe all the times He has been there for me when I was lonely, afraid, unsure, hopeless, depressed, downcast, or discouraged! OH BLESS THE LORD OH MY SOUL!
I hope this coming year He does even more MIGHTY things through me! The Christian life really is the only life worth living. EVERY SINGLE day is literally an adventure, and I NEVER have a dull moment. NEVER.


Some monumental moments in my life this year:
-Street Preached for the first time
- Met a TON of amazing street preachers (some came to our house, some I met at ''SOAPA'', and others I have met all over!)
- Preached at a ''Pride Parade" in downtown Atlanta, and preached the peach drop in downtown Atlanta.
- Met some AWESOME and ON FIRE people in Mississippi.
- Wrote and illustrated a short Christian love story that I hope to get out here soon or later.
- Started this blog!
-Got closer to my parents, made sure they had my ENTIRE heart, and learned that I can really trust them. <3
- Campused preached for the first time and LOVED every minute of it!
-Found out the real meaning of "Sweet HOUR of prayer" (or hours....).
- God showed me some amazing revelations in His words this year.
- Watched my brother celebrate a year of being together with his fiancé. :)
-Turned a year older.
-Turned 5 year old in God's kingdom.
I know there's plenty more things but I really want to get this post out! *sigh*


My verse and quote for the year 2014:
(This Lord is teaching me "Faith" this year)
Hebrews 11:6, "But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him."


(I'm very excited about memorizing Hebrew 11 through 12:2 this year.)


My quote:
"God leaves the BEST with those who leave the choice up to HIM."
~Jim Elliot


In January we kicked the new year off by preaching the downtown Atlanta peach drop! It was awesome! It was a FAR cry from how I started off 2013 (I was incredibly sick- sicker than I'd been in like years- it was awful).
The Lord really moved, we got mobbed by the crowd (but God protected us), sinners were called to repentance, I got into LOTS of interesting conversations (one "pastor" said I was a- quote- "illiterate and unwise child" just because I was preaching the gospel. Some "pastor" he is!), and it was so thrilling to start our year off in that way. :)


Near the middle of January we preached outside of the White house in Washington D.C.! It was awesome and the Lord really gave us police favor.
Later that weekend we went in the huge mall near D.C. (just to look around) and then the security almost kicked me out because of my Bible jacket (click here to see my jacket). What's the U.S. coming to? America really needs to BLESS GOD!


I also wrote a poem and chorded and wrote a song on my guitar to my future husband. I should include one or both in my ''Courtship series".


My goals for 2014:
1. Have more faith in God.
2. Read more Bible.
3. Memorize more Bible. (My Dad showed me this neat tool: http://learnscripture.net/ )
4. Be the light no matter where we are.
5. Serve God with ALL my might.
6. Use my time very WISELY.
7. Continue in my guitar learning.
8. Study my Bible more.
9. Be ready for God's SOON appearing.
10. Let God use me in mighty ways to showcase His glory.
11. Share the gospel in Spanish.
12. Keep learning patience (particularly in waiting for my future husband).
And... Just do all things according to God's will in my life.


Well, I need to start working on that courtship series! SOOO SORRY Ellie!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Better get.


Love you all and PRESS ON.
-Princess Purity

Comments

Popular Posts