Skip to main content

Featured Post

Satisfied Yet???

The Grass Was Dead on the Other Side WARNING: Do NOT read this post if you plan on being proud and rejecting what you read! Hell will be hotter for you. DO CONTINUE to read if you have a soft and humble heart. This post contains a VERY IMPORTANT MESSAGE.  Amen.  Isaiah 40:6-8, " The voice said, Cry. And he said, What shall I cry? All flesh is grass, and all the goodliness thereof is as the flower of the field: The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: because the spirit of the Lord bloweth upon it: surely the people is grass. The grass withereth, the flower fadeth: but the word of our God shall stand for ever." I always wanted to be a princess. All of my young girl dreams were filled with royal princes, fighting knights, dancing ballerinas, handsome kings, and beautiful queens. A dreamer by nature, with a wild imagination (runs in the family), I spent my youth dressing up, dancing, and playing “princess” games with my sisters. Castles were incredible to me

Some Artist Tips (And photo realism drawing sneak peeks!) 💙

 (Ariana this is for you, among other artists out there! :) ) 

I just bought some Tombow plastic erasers and I am thrilled, y’all! These are GREAT! They are gentle on your paper and yet super effective. They erase with ease and hardly shed or scatter graphite and rubber pieces everywhere. 


I’ve been using the Mono-zero erasers for a while now, and am very pleased with them. They are great for little hard to get places (that kneaded erasers can’t reach). 



I recently started using these lumograph black pencils and they are a MUST for photo realism, y’all! Very sharp and defining. 



(Yes, I’m facing my challenges and drawing hands! Ha ha fun and super challenging… I would recommend, Artists.)

This is what those black pencils can do: 



Tips on hair/beards? I highly recommend using a 2h pencil sharpened to a serious point (with sand paper) and press into the paper hard. When you shade over this imprint you will automatically have “hairs” indented into your paper! Isn’t that neat? :)

Here’s an example: See? 





 Here’s  a side profile study I’m doing right now… It feels like a beard study! Ha ha But it’s fun. :) 


Here’s how I hold my pencil for getting deep and dark shading: 



Hope these tips help, y’all! :) Have a beautiful night! 

And I hope I’m not insulting your intelligence, Ariana! I bet you’re a great artist! If you have tips for me, Fire away… Ha ha I’m not a perfect artist, by any means. Just wanted to share what I’ve learned after all these years of drawing. :) *Big smile * 💙💙💙


Comments

  1. You’re so great at drawing, Hope! Neat tips! (Though I don’t draw… never have been good at it!) 💙💙💙

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha ha! You can draw I’m sure… ;) Takes practice, that’s all!
      And glory to Jesus. 💙💙💙

      Delete
  2. Great tips, twin! You’re so talented. You have really gotten a lot better in your photorealism these past months. I wish you would redraw me pretty please. ☺️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks! You’re good in your own right, Twin! ;)
      Sure thing! As soon as my long list of requests starts dwindling down. Hee hee
      And, as long as I get no complaints. ;) 💙💙💙

      Delete
  3. Wow, awesome! Thank you for the tips.
    And no, I don’t feel insulted. I’m always happy to see artists supporting other artists! ❤️
    -Ariana
    P.S.: one thing I like to do because I don’t generally use a grid or anything is to lightly outline the shaded areas vs the highlighted areas on the face. Very helpful for proportions but you don’t wanna go the conventional way! 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the tip! I have Actually never drawn using a grid. Is this helpful?
      Awww, I wish there was a way I could see your art! :) 💙💙💙

      Delete
    2. And you are very welcome, of course! 💙

      Delete
  4. WOW! You have never ceased to amaze me, Princess Purity! Extremely talented in so many areas of life and in the world of art.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Praise Jesus! And thank you, sister Sandra!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comments! Please no anonymous comments; at least put your first name. Thank you! :)

Popular Posts